Monday, January 8, 2007

Spotlight Video: Leading her to Heaven


Welcome to the launch post for A Peek at Romance our blog devoted to book videos for the Romance genre.

My name is Kendra and I’m owner of ScrapFairy Designs. My partner Julie and I started SFD in the summer of last year. We are having a blast. My love of images and romance now live side by side. I have the coolest job! I started out making video slideshows of my families old photos, so my grandmother would stop taping them to copy paper and dragging them across country. (These photos are over 80 years old.)

I have been reading romance since I was in high school. I cut my teeth on Virginia Henley’s Hawk and the Dove. Rosanne Bittner’s Savage Destiny Series helped me explore the American west. There are other authors but these stand out in my mind the most, as my first experience in romance. My best friend and I would trade historical romance and dream of really hot guys on horseback to come take us away from our small town in Southern Arizona. Well now I am couple of years older {g}, and I still read romance. I don’t dream of being rescued, but I fall in love with men and sometimes wish I was the heroine. I won’t list who I read now because I have several walls lined with bookshelves which are all filled, luckily I have a husband who can build me more!

To launch the site we have chosen to spotlight a brand new video from author Kayleigh Jamison. Leading Her To Heaven, is a Scottish historical romance available now at Aphrodite’s Apples Publishing, Inc.

A writer and musician at an early age, Kayleigh Jamison wrote her first novella at the age of seven, and first picked up a violin at eight.

With a Bachelors degree in English and Philosophy and a Certification in Legal Studies, Ms. Jamison spends her days attending law school and her nights immersed in the rich fantasy worlds of her imagination. An amateur linguist, Ms. Jamison speaks five languages, including Spanish, Russian, and Arabic.

Her latest novel, Svetkavista, combines Ms. Jamison's knowledge of music with her love of history, and examines the secretive, fluid culture of the Romany people.





Click here for an excerpt and to purchase
Be advised Adult Material

No comments: